The Write Club
It’s autumn! Time to cosy up, drink tea, eat biscuits… and write! Join me as we write together and meet with like-minded people. For beginners or writers who need a creative push, these classes will motivate you to keep going. I’m not only passionate about teaching writing, I also want to help you on the way to getting published. Want to learn how to write believable characters, create unputdownable plots and create tension? Or perhaps you’ve written your novel and you’d rather gain tips and tricks into how to attract an agent/publisher. Join me in-person or via zoom for weekly sessions. Here are the options:
Writing Your Novel. (Six sessions running fortnightly over 12 weeks.)
Thursday’s fortnightly in person or via zoom
✍️ Writing the hook/intro.
✍️ Writing characters.
✍️ Writing Plot.
✍️ Writing setting.
✍️ Writing tension/conflict.
✍️ Writing the climax.
Writing to be published. (Six sessions running fortnightly over 12 weeks.)
Thursday’s fortnightly via Zoom only
⭐️ Writing the first ten pages
⭐️ Writing the synopsis
⭐️ Writing cover letters
⭐️ Writing the pitch
⭐️ How to find an agent
⭐️ How to stay motivated
What do I know?
? I have a degrees in creative writing, journalism and teaching from Curtin University.
? I’m an English teacher with expertise in helping Year 12s achieve university entry.
? I was accepted into the Curtis Brown Creative Write Your Novel Course @curtisbrowncreative.
? I’m represented by a reputable, esteemed literary agency @darleyanderson_agency.
If you’re interested in writing, getting feedback, meeting likeminded people, having fun and networking, contact me today! Holly.email@example.com
****BOOKING AND PAYMENT LINKS BELOW****
Write Your Novel Course Dates for Mattie’s House in Swanbourne and Zoom
|Week 1||April 28th||Write your Intro/hook to your novel|
|Week 2||May 12th||Writing Character|
|Week 3||May 26th||Writing plot|
|Week 4||June 9th||Writing setting|
|Week 5||June 23rd||Writing tension/conflict|
|Week 6||July 7th||Writing the climax|
Write To Get Published Course dates for Zoom only
|Week 1||May 5||Write your first 10 pages|
|Week 2||May 19th||Write the synopsis|
|Week 3||June 2nd||Write the cover letter|
|Week 4||June 16th||Write the pitch|
|Week 5||June 30th||How to find an agent|
|Week 6||July 14th||How to stay motivated|
What to expect?
- 5-10 minute meet & greet. (Have your cuppa/wine/chocolates ready!)
- 15 minute “lesson” from me. Techniques, examples and experience will be shared.
- 1 hour writing, gaining feedback and advice from me (I’d really like to see what you’re working on and how you write! ?)
- 10-minute shared reading (only if you’re comfortable).
What to bring/do/practice?
- Wear something comfortable and relaxing.
- Bring note pads/laptop/water/warm socks or whatever you work with!
- Practice shutting off from everyone and everything around you and just write.
- Practice non-judgement.
- When people are sharing their written work, provide positive feedback.
Can’t wait to meet you all! Holly
The Write Club 2.0
And so it continues! 🖊 Here are the times, dates, prices for the next round of Holly Craig’s The Write Club at Mattie House & Zoom. I’ve already had so much interest and places are filling up fast!!
Can’t tell you how great these workshops are and how much fun we have…
📚 ReWrite Your Novel is a 7 week course. August 4- October 27
W1-Re-vision: Writing as a reader
W2-Questions to ask yourself.
W4-Subplots and plots.
W3-Fleshing out characters.
W5-Inconsistencies, structure and timelines.
W6-Tightening, sharpening, eliminating.
Can’t wait to continue with you all! Holly xx
Small Group Mentoring
Looking for creative feedback and direction? I’m here to help.
My small group mentoring sessions will focus on providing you with feedback/suggestions and the guidance needed to polish and perfect your manuscript. I’ll only be taking on a small number of clients at a time, to allow for intimate 1-1 sessions. We will meet as a group with like-minded writers who you’ll get to know and network with. If you’d like people in the group to become your beta-readers, then great! More the feedback you get from a variety of writers, the better your writing will become!
What I will provide:
- I’ll read and provide valuable feedback on 2,000 words of your manuscript prior to every session.
- A 1.5-2hr group session where we will work on your manuscript.
- A group chat to bounce ideas off one another.
- Prompts, resources and professional advice.
- A discounted rate of $50 per session (As this is my first time running these classes)
- Ongoing mentoring (These classes will continue until you feel you’re ready to go at it alone)
DATES: (THURSDAYS: 6:30-8pm) WST
- Aug 11: Group 1 & 2
- Aug 25: Group 1
- Sep 8: Group 1 & 2
- Sep 22: Group 1
- Oct 6: Group 1 & 2
- Oct 20: Group 1
- Nov 3: Group 1 & 2
- Nov 17: Group 1
- Dec 1: Group 1 & 2
FIRST ROUND OF SMALL GROUP MENTORING IS NOW FULL (Contact me to be placed on the waitlist)